Two very common skin imperfections are scarring and stretch marks. At Vimi Medi Spa, we offer several treatment options that can remedy the appearance of these dermal nuisances for a healthier, balanced skin texture!
At Vimi Medi Spa, we personalize each and every one of our treatments using the latest and greatest techniques and technologies. Our expert medical team aims to provide you with beautifying results that you won’t be able to get enough of. Contact us today and schedule your consultation appointment and explore the many ways we can help you feel and look like a dream come true!
What is a scar and how is it caused?
A scar is the result of the body’s healing process following trauma to the skin. Scarring is typically caused by an injury, a burn, or a surgical incision among other sources. The appearance of a scar is based on the extent of the abrasion to the skin as well as where on the body it has formed.
What are some types of scarring?
- Keloid scars are created due to an agitated healing process and can grow beyond the site of the injury.
- Contracture scars are the result of sustaining a burn in the skin. If deep enough, contracture scarring can inhibit the mobility of the skin or impact underlying muscles or nerves.
- Hypertrophic scars are raised above the skin, but will not grow beyond the traumatized part of the dermis.
- Acne scars are the remains of past blemishes that can differ in appearance based on the severity of the acne.
What are stretch marks and how are they caused?
A stretch mark is an ingrained streak in the skin. Stretch marks are commonly found on the breasts, hips, thighs, abdomen, and buttocks and come in a variety of different colorations. As the name may suggest, stretch marks are caused by a stretching of the skin with their definition based on your genetic history and cortisone level.
What are some risks of getting stretch marks?
Stretch marks are not uncommon. However, certain factors may increase your chances of having them such as:
- A rapid weight loss or gain
- A genetic history of stretch marks in your lineage
- Specific genetic disorders such as Cushing’s Syndrome
What are some treatments we offer to remedy scarring and stretch marks?
- Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive treatment option that can help replenish the skin’s production of collagen for a healthier, even-looking texture!
- Teosyal Instant Facelift is made up of hyaluronic acid, an all natural molecule found in the body that can restore volume in the skin for a smoother surface!
Contact us today and schedule your consultation appointment to explore how we can help alleviate the appearance of bothersome scarring or stretch marks for healthier, revitalized skin!