One of the most common skin flaws that affect nearly everyone at some point in their lives in acne. It can be easy to let acne make you feel uncomfortable with the appearance of your skin. If you are experiencing a mild or severe case of acne, Vimi Laser & Skincare Clinic can help clear up your skin for a healthier look you can love!
Vimi Laser & Skincare Clinic, personalizes each of our treatments to best meet your needs. We use the latest and greatest techniques and technologies to help you reach your aesthetic goals. Our expert medical team aims to provide you with beautifying results that you won’t be able to get enough of. Contact us today and schedule your consultation appointment and explore the many ways we can help you feel and look like a dream come true!
What is acne?
Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when hair follicles are obstructed by either oil or dead skin cells, resulting in the formation of blemishes. While acne can appear on virtually any part of the body, it is most commonly found on the face, shoulders, chest, and back. Any age group can experience a break out of blemishes. If the appearance of acne is altering your mood, we offer a few effective treatments that can alleviate a breakout for healthier-looking, clearer skin.
What causes acne?
Acne usually appears on the parts of the body that contain a high amount of oil glands. Some of the main causes of acne are:
- Excessive production of oil
- Dead skin cells
- Clogged pores
- Bacteria infection
What are some signs of acne?
- Closed, clogged pores (whiteheads)
- Open, clogged pores that are exposed to air (Blackheads)
- Tiny red bumps (papules)
- Irritating pus-filled bumps underneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
What can trigger acne?
There are several aggravators that can worsen the appearance of acne including:
- Hormonal changes such as during puberty and pregnancy affect the creation of sebum, enlarging the oil glands and intensifying acne
- Numerous medications can stimulate breakouts of acne
- Various foods including dairy and carb-enriched foods like bread may trigger acne
- Stress may escalate breakouts of acne
Here are our treatment options to remedying the appearance of acne:
- HydraFacial is a rejuvenating, non-invasive treatment that works to cleanse, exfoliate, hydrate, and safeguard your skin from acne for a healthier complexion!
- LED blue light therapy is a cutting-edge treatment that works to shrink oil glands and destroy acne-causing bacteria, resulting in a healthier surface!
- Our oxygen facial works to apply additional oxygen molecules to the skin, generating healthier new cells within your pores for acne correction!
- For acne scars and marks, our 1540 fractional laser works to help generate new, healthier tissue for a smoother surface!
- An IPL Photofacial utilizes infrared pulse light to warm up the skin, replenishing collagen and alleviating signs of acne for radiant skin!
- Obagi Nuderm System is comprised of a series of skincare products that can correct signs of aging skin as well as acne for a lustrous complexion!
- Micro-needling is a trending treatment option that stimulates your body’s natural production of collagen to refresh the skin from acne scarring!
While acne can be discomforting to see in your skin, there are ways to clear up your skin. If you are bothered by the appearance of acne, contact us today and schedule your consultation appointment.
Find out which of our treatment options may be able to help brighten your skin!